Drama. The Macedonian prefecture of Drama, is located on the north-eastern edge of Greece, on the border with Bulgaria. Plains and mountains, mountain huts and ski slopes, beautiful forests, flocks of birds, fertile soil and endless tobacco fields. There are caves with colored stalactites beautiful rivers and streams.
The town of Drama is the capital of the homonymous prefecture. The town lies on the slopes of the mountain Falakros, called by locals "The Flower mountain". It is a mountain with great scenery, ski centres, and four well-equipped refuges for mountaineers. The city is almost hidden by the lush vegetation, there are abundant water and flowers. 70 km of Drama is the beautiful forest Vlatia (Karadere) with fir, oak, beech and red pine, which can achieve a height of 50m.
1. The Ecclesiastical museum. You can get a guided tour about the history of the Orthodox Church
2. the "green" park of Agia Varvara.
3. Byzantine walls in the center of Drama town
4. the Ethnological museum (Likio Ellinidon)
5. the archaeological museum
7. Nightlife (bars, nightclubs) here is excellent!
By bus and train is a connection between Athens, Thessaloniki and Drama.