The Roman Agora (Market). East of the Ancient Agora, and at the end of the Aiolou street is located the Roman agora (Roman market). This building was completed in the year 11 BC, thanks to the financial support of Julius Caesar and Augustus. In the period from Hadrian the market was completely paved. The Roman Agora was the center of Athens from the Roman domination until the Turks left in 1833, after the Turkish occupation. The Roman Agora has a rectangular courtyard, surrounded by Ionic columns. In the west of the Roman Agora is the monumental entrance; the Athena Archegetis gate, which consists of a row of four Doric columns on a pedestal of marble. One of the most famous monuments of the Roman Forum is the Tower of the Winds also called Aerides or Hydraulic clock Andronikos Kirristos. This tower is octagonal and 12 meters high. At the top there is to see a relief representation of gods, each with his own compass. During the Byzantine period and during the Turkish occupation several homes and shops where built and also the Fetich Mosque.