Archangelos - Rhodes (Greece)
Archangelos. Archangelos, which means Archangel, is a fairly large traditional town 29 kilometers (18 mi) south of Rhodes town on the Greek island of Rhodes. It has over 5,000 inhabitants and has a great tradition and craftsmanship in ceramics, shoemaking and carpet making.
Archangelos is located on a low mountain plateau and is surrounded by mountains. The main attractions here are:
- The Byzantine castle built by the Knights of St. John in 1320.
- The Panagia Tsambika Monastery on a hill with an excellent view.
- The Church of Archangelos Michail (Archangel Michael), with a courtyard paved with stones. This church gives the area its name.
- The ethnological museum.
- The medieval castle Feraklos near the fishing village of Charaki.
- The Koumelos cave on a hill, three kilometers (2 mi) northwest of Archangelos, is an archaeological interest.
You can swim at the beach Stegna, three kilometers (2 mi) from Archangelos or at Tsambika beach.
Photo Gallery Archangelos - Photos of Archangelos
more photos of Archangelos»
Weather forecast Archangelos (Rhodes)
Average temperature Archangelos
Archangelos in other languages
Rhodes: Where on the map is Archangelos located?
The map of Rhodes (©JustGreece.com)