Repanidi. Repanidi is a village in the east of the Greek island of Lemnos. It lies 26 kilometres from Myrina in the middle of a fertile plain. It is a traditional village which lies in an area where many oak trees are. In the village is a beautiful post-Byzantine church, the church of Agios Georgios. Behind the church of Agios Georgios, at the cemetery, stands the chapel of Agios Ypatios which was built in the 19th century.
Opposite the church of Saint George is the town square of Repanidi where two traditional Greek cafes are.
Three kilometers north of Repanidi, in the bay of Pournia, is the beach of Kotsinas where the sea is shallow. They call this place also Kotsinos. Besides the beach, on the other side of the bay, is the fishing port of Kotsinas. Here lie the ruins of a medieval fortress from the year 1361 on a low hill.
Text: Yorgos and Wendy Nikolidakis - Revised by Maxine van Hoften Gee